Please note: Registration is now closed.
Our 3rd Annual Science Fair Competition is on Saturday, Feb. 25.
Explore your inner scientist and put together an award-winning experiment that you can showcase. Students from Grades 3 to 8 are eligible to participate. Click here to view and print the registration form. Return your completed form to any of our branches.
Read our guide that explains the steps to creating a science fair project and display.
Looking for more guidance? We have resources to help, including our Science Fair: Let’s Get Started resource list.
Sunday, Jan. 29: Registration Closes
Saturday, Feb. 25: SCIENCE FAIR
Primary: Grades 3 & 4
Junior: Grades 5 & 6
Intermediate: Grades 7 & 8
Medals will be awarded for the top three winners in each category.
Entrance & Project Requirements
Cover all project costs, including the display board.
Include a brief written description of your project that outlines your project’s title, purpose, description of procedures, results and conclusions. Each section should not exceed 500 words.
Projects requiring power must be portable so they can be moved to the “Power Station” during judging.Project display must not exceed 4 feet wide by 2 feet deep.
Demonstrations must be done by the participant (not public).
Rules & Regulations
1. Eligible students must live in Ajax.
2. Eligible students must be under 15 years of age and attending class from Grade 3 - 8 in a public, separate or private school.
3. Deadlines for entry must be met. Late entries will not be accepted.
4. Group exhibits are eligible but must not consist of more than 3 students. All members must be in the same grade.
5. An exhibitor may not present more than one exhibit.
6. Experiments must abide by the Safety Rules as indicated by the Ajax Public Library.
7. Participants must abide by the schedule on the date of the Science Fair—including set-up and judging.
8. Supervision for the participants at the fair is the responsibility of the parents.
9. Only participants and judges are permitted in the exhibit hall during judging. Participants must stay with their projects the entire time. Please bring something quiet to work on between judgments. Participants are dismissed upon the completion of judging.
10. The use of cell phone or other communication equipment during the judging process is prohibited .
11. All winners will be notified by the end of the Science Fair during the award ceremony. Winning projects will be held for display. All others can be removed after public viewing.
Please Note: The Ajax Public Library is not responsible for any damage or for valuables lost or stolen during the fair. Students should keep the project area clean and tidy to ensure Health & Safety.
1. No open flames.
2. Toxic, flammable or dangerous chemicals are prohibited.
3. Use as low a voltage as possible (not more than 9 volts).
4. At the end of the viewing period, all electrical exhibits should be disconnected.
5. X-Ray or Radiation-producing equipment is prohibited.
6. Living creatures are prohibited.
7. Photos/video can be used to demonstrate experiment. Ensure you are present in all photographs.
Still have questions? Contact Devon Ward by email or phone at 905-683-4000, ext. 8808.
Generously supported by: