Spark! is an annual Juried Art Show for children in Kindergarten to Grade 8. We encourage all types of art mediums including pen, pencil, paint, crayon, pastels and markers, or even a combination. Submitted works will be organized in three categories based on current grade level of the artist:
Kindergarten to Grade 3
Grades 4 to 6
Grades 7 & 8
Works will be independently juried by a panel which includes members of the PineRidge Arts Council. First, second, third place awards will be given in each of the three grade level categories. The People’s Choice award will be given to the overall best in show. Voting will take place prior to the Reception from 1:30 to 2:15 p.m. on Saturday, March 25.
Download the entry form here.
Drop off of art work: Saturday, Feb. 25 – 1 to 4 p.m.
Reception: Saturday, March 25 – 2 to 3 p.m.
Pick up art work: April 3 – 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Artists must be residents of Ajax.
- One piece of artwork can be submitted per child.
- Works must be created solely by the child.
- Works must be two dimensional and can include pen/pencil, paint, crayon/pastels, marker, or a combination of these media.
- Works are to be no larger than 9” by 12”.
- Works must be matted using an 11” by 14” mat, which can be purchased for a cost of $2 at the Library when artwork is dropped off.
- Works must be dropped off, along with the entry form and label, at the Main Branch on Saturday, Feb. 25 between 1 and 4 p.m. No exceptions.
- Works must stay for the duration of the show and can be picked up from the Main Branch Library on April 3 during regular open hours. No exceptions. Works not picked up may be subject to disposal.
- The Library assumes no liability for loss, theft or damage of artwork.
- The Library assumes the right to remove any work at any time and will contact the artist so that they may pick up the removed work.
- Works must have parental approval and authorization must be given to allow images to be used for Library promotional purposes.
Special thanks to PineRidge Arts Council
for their support and Janice McHaffie for
assistance in planning and acting as head
juror for this show.