We’re now offering a one-stop-shop for downloading eBooks and eAudiobooks from our OverDrive Collection. When you find an item in our eCollection, you will no longer be redirected from our catalogue to the OverDrive catalogue. You can do everything in one place.
Simply search the title or author you are looking for and choose the eBook or Downloadable Audiobook format.
You will see a screen like this appear. Click on “Request this Download”.
If the item is available, you will see the following screen. Click to select the format you would like (OverDrive Read or Adobe ePub) then select “Checkout Now”.
If the item is not available, you will see the following screen. Enter your email address in order to be notified when the item is available and then select “Confirm Hold”.
A few things to keep in mind:
- You must be logged into your MyAPL account to checkout or place holds.
- You must continue to use the OverDrive website to suspend holds or renew items.
- This new integrated feature is only available with the OverDrive eCollection, and not our other downloadable collections such as Freading, Freegal or Hoopla.
- Available on computers and laptops only. If using and Apple device, you can use the app. With an Android device you must continue to use the OverDrive app.
- You must have Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) downloaded to your computer for ebooks and Overdrive Media Console (OMC) for downloadable audiobooks. Both must be authorized with an Adobe ID. For more information about how to do this, check out the OverDrive section of our eBooks & eAudiobooks page on our website. Or talk to staff when you are in the branch.