Our collection of local history materials can be found on the 2nd Floor of the Main Branch. The collection includes:
- Books – history of the Town of Ajax and the Durham Region
- Microfilm - Ontario Birth, Marriage and Death Indices, historical editions of local newspapers
- Photographs - Ajax and the surrounding area
- Newspapers - Birth, Marriage and Death Indices
- Microfilm / microfiche reader
The Poppy Room was named in acknowledgment of the Royal Canadian Legion's (Branch 322) $100,000 contribution toward building the Main Branch. This room is available for quiet study.
Ajax's local history collection; includes photos, birth/marriage/death and cemetery records, and the full text of books, pamphlets and several issues of the Commando newspaper.
Access to family history via documents that record the lineage of individuals from North America, the U.K., Europe, Australia and more (Note: this service is available for in-library patrons only. Please see staff with any questions).
Catalogue of 60 million documents held in Canada’s libraries, museums and archives, compiled into one resource for convenient searching.
A genealogy site designed specifically for people who are "in search of their roots" in a 10 county area in south-central Ontario.
Created and maintained by staff of the Ajax Public Library, this database is a living list of local authors and Durham connections.