If you have completed the 3D Printer Certification Course, you can start printing on our 3D printer.
Haven’t completed the course? Click here to register for one.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Children under 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult for the entire appointment.
- You can find objects to 3D print at www.Thingiverse.com. This is where you will save your objects to a memory stick to bring to your appointment.
- The object you choose must be in .STL format.
- Objects must not take more than two hours to print.
- You will receive 30 minutes prep time before and after printing, for a total of three hours.
- If you are not sure how long your object will take to print, find out at https://www.lulzbot.com/cura.
- Please avoid objects with multiple parts.
- Staff will be available for quick questions, but you will be responsible for your 3D printing from start to finish.
- You must remain onsite and close to the 3D printer while your object is printing.
- The cost is $3 per appointment.
The Ajax Public Library does not guarantee a successful print job. Unless the print fails to finish, you will be expected to pay for the full cost of the completed 3D print, regardless of quality.
We look forward to seeing your creativity!