The Ajax Public Library is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity within the workplace. As we grow, it is important that our workforce becomes more reflective of the citizens we serve to further the diversification of ideas that makes Ajax a great place to live and work. The Ajax Public Library respects, encourages, and celebrates our diversity.
Current Job Opportunities
Coordinator of Marketing and Communications (closes July 14 - posted June 23rd, updated June 26th)
Current Volunteer Opportunities
If you are interested in volunteering at the Library, please complete this online application. Volunteers 18 years of age and older must complete a Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check. Foreign college and university students can use their volunteer hours as Canadian work experience.
All listings asking for Teens assume completion of Grade 8 and less than 19 years of age.
- TD Summer Reading Club Team (Teens): Read one on one in English or French, or in small groups, with kids ages 4+, assist with crafts and/or games with kids ages 4+, assist with registration, tracking and distribution of incentives. Placement would be between July and August. If you are interested, contact Angela directly.
- Teen Advisory Council (Teens. Application deadline: Sat. June 17): Meet weekly with other teens from Ajax high schools, assist with programs/services, and provide feedback on youth collections, help with Library or community events and advocate for the Library.
- Ajax Reading Circle (Teens. Ongoing recruitment for September until June): During the weekly one hour session held on Saturday mornings at Main Branch, you will assist kids ages 4 to 12 with reading while having fun with crafts, games and technology in English or French.
- Le Club Français (Teens. Ongoing recruitment for September until June): During the weekly one hour session held on Monday evenings at Main Branch, you will assist kids ages 6 to 12 with reading while having fun with crafts, games and technology in French.
- Stay Connected (All Ages. Ongoing recruitment): We’re looking for adults that have extensive experience with iPads, tablets, Skype, social media platforms and online games to teach one-on-one educational sessions with seniors. Speaking another language is an asset.
Community Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer Durham: search for a volunteer opportunity in the Durham Region