The Ajax Public Library is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity within the workplace. As we grow, it is important that our workforce becomes more reflective of the citizens we serve to further the diversification of ideas that makes Ajax a great place to live and work. The Ajax Public Library respects, encourages, and celebrates our diversity.
- Page (PT, Future Opportunity).
Complete and submit a volunteer application form to your local branch or by email. Volunteers 18 years of age and older must complete a Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check.
Foreign college and university students can use their volunteer hours as Canadian work experience.
Teen Volunteer Opportunities (students who have completed Grade 8 to age 19)
Teen Advisory Council - June 2016 to June 2017
- meet weekly from September to June with teens from Ajax high schools
- assist with programs and services, and provide valuable feedback on youth collections
- assist with organizing and hosting programs
- help with Library or community events
- promote and speak up for the Library
Deadline to apply: Saturday, June 18
Ajax Reading Circle and Le Club Francais - September 2016 to June 2017
- read one-on-one, or in small groups, with kids aged 4+
- assist with set up/preparation for crafts and/or games
- read in English or French
For any of the above opportunities, please complete a Volunteer Application Form and return it to any Ajax Public Library branch.
Adult Volunteer Opportunities (20+)
We’re looking for adults that have extensive experience with iPads, tablets, Skype, social media platforms and online games to teach one-on-one educational sessions with seniors. Speaking another language is an asset.
Please complete a Volunteer Application Form and return it to any Ajax Public Library branch.
Community Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer Durham: search for a volunteer opportunity in the Durham Region